Winter Harbor-Bar Harbor
Everything about Winter Harbor-Bar Harbor
- The ferry you'll be embarking on is the famous Margaret Todd. More Technical Details of this Ship/ Ferry:
The Schooner Margaret Todd replaces her predecessor the Natalie Todd, which sailed from Bar Harbor for so many years. This unique 151′ four-masted schooner was conceived and designed by her owner, Captain Steven Pagels. Named after Capt. Pagels’ grandmother, the Margaret Todd was built over a two year period by the Schreiber Boatyard in St. Augustine, Florida, and was launched on April 11, 1998.
Length overall — 151′ Hull length — 121′
Beam — 23′ Displacement — 150 tons
Draft with centerboards up — 5’9″
Draft with centerboards down — 12′
Sail area — 4,800 square feet
- The distance from harbor (Bar Harbor) to harbor (Winter Harbor) is about 41 Miles. (66 km)
- The Downeast Windjammer on this route sails up to 5 times p/day.
- The duration of this crossing is 42 minutes However keep in mind this can change based on the weather, season and different ships on the route.
- Want to book this connection? Go to the website of Downeast Windjammer.
- Winter Harbor harbor address: 88 Sargent St. in Winter Harbor – Winter Harbor – ME 04693 – USA
- Bar Harbor harbor address: 7 Newport Dr. in Bar Harbor – ME 04609 – USA
- Bikes welcomed – $10/per seat (No electric bikes)
- Known to have a very friendly crew.
Pricing on the Winter Harbor-Bar Harbor ferry.
If you want to take the pet friendlymore about pets on ferries ferry to Winter Harbor or the other way around from Bar Harbor to Winter Harbor the minimal price for a single trip for one person will be close to 23 dollars. This price however can change due to fuel surcharges and things like discounts based on age or what you want to bring along on the ferry
On FerryGoGo.com we really want to deliver the info that you seek. That's why we don't only list the from price but we also wanted to list the average price you can expect on your bill when travelling towards Winter Harbor. This price is based on the average price for two persons. It's important to note however that when a car transfer is possible we added a car, so car ferries have a more serious average price! For Winter Harbor-Bar Harbor we calculated that an average price for two persons would be around $ 36 .
Which ferry companies sail on this crossing?
How long does the Winter Harbor-Bar Harbor crossing take?
How often does the Winter Harbor-Bar Harbor ferry sail?
What is the distance between Winter Harbor and Bar Harbor?