Fort Lauderdale-Grand Bahamas
The only other active connection from the US towards the Bahamas is the Miami – Bimini connection, which also leaves from Fort Lauderdale. While Bimini is a small island, however: The Grand Bahamas provide the true Bahamas experience. That’s why we also see this as the #1 ferry from the US to the Bahamas.
Balearia ferry to the Grand Bahamas
Everything about Fort Lauderdale – Grand Bahamas
- The #1 Ferry option if you want to travel towards the Bahamas.
- Many people want to travel from Miami to the Bahamas. This ferry doesn't bring you to the capital: Nassau. However, it does bring you to Grand Bahama Island. From there, you can take smaller ferries to the other islands. However, Grand Bahama Island is already an amazing place!
- The distance between the two harbors is about 85 Miles.
- The FRS Caribbean on this route sails up to 6 times per week.
- The duration of this crossing is 2.3 Hours However keep in mind this can change based on the weather, season, and different ships on the route.
- Want to book this connection? Book at: Balearia Caribbean
- Miami harbor address: Port Everglades: Cruise Terminal – Ft. Lauderdale – USA
- Grand Bahamas harbor address: Terminal 2, Freeport Harbour, Grand Bahama Island
- Please be aware that there is a 3-hour check-in window before departure at Grand Bahama Island. Terminal doors close 1 hour before departure. Please arrive at the terminal well in advance.
- Many people think there has never been a ferry connection between Fort Lauderdale and Nassau. However, you can get to Nassau by local ferries from the Grand Bahamas.
Pricing on the Fort Lauderdale Grand Bahamas ferry.
If you want to take the ferry from Fort Lauderdale to Grand Bahamas, the minimal price for a single trip for one person will be close to 198 dollars. This price, however, can change due to fuel surcharges and things like discounts based on age or what you want to bring along on the ferry.
Which ferry companies sail on this crossing?
How long does the Fort Lauderdale - Grand Bahamas crossing take?
How often does the Fort Lauderdale - Grand Bahamas ferry sail?
What is the distance between Fort Lauderdale and Grand Bahamas?
2 reviews for Fort Lauderdale-Grand Bahamas