Compare prices for 4400 ferry routes
Search, compare and book!
Book tickets for the major ferry operators and find the cheapest crossings and good alternatives
How does the ferry booking module work?
We make use of the booking engine from Direct Ferries, which covers 4400 ferry routes all over the world. Direct Ferries compares crossings and shows alternative departure ports and dates. If you have found the right crossing, you can book it directly.
When a route is not listed, we would advise you to search FerryGoGo for the desired crossing and browse to the ferry operator's website.
Buying ferry tickets online
When you want to travel by ferry, there are two ticket options you can choose from:
- If you know already where, you can book directly at the website of the ferry operator, which is in most cases is the preferred option.
- You can book at a comparison ferry booking website. Directferries.com is the current market leader. This is a preferred option when multiple ferry operators sail in the area and you want to find the lowest price.
How to get the cheapest ferry tickets?
The main thing you have to remember with booking ferry tickets is that you really have to book early if you seek the cheapest tickets. When ferry operators see their ferries getting full, the prices go up. We've seen ferry rates increase to 400%!
A few things we've learned seeing over 100.000 bookings through our website:
- With or without a car is a huge difference, on average adding a car increases the ticket value by 2.4x.
- Discounts provided by ferry companies are not significant. Don't focus too much on discounts and/or offers. Booking on unpopular dates and times is often the biggest money safer.
- Many routes have reduced pricing based on seniority, local residence, disabilities, or age. Be sure to check out these prices before you go as sometimes you have to bring some kind of proof with you.
Can you buy ferry tickets at FerryGoGo?
NO… Our main goal is to provide guidance to our users, not to sell tickets. (More: About us)
…this is also the reason we can be negative about ferry trips and we provide alternatives if we simply think the ferry is not worth your time and money. If you want to provide good guidance you have to be honest.
If you buy a ticket by clicking on one of the links on our website and completing the transaction, you will never buy directly from us. We always use partners for tickets. In this case, it's either Directferries, a direct ferry operator, or another partner who we think matches the needs of ferry travellers the most.