Everything about Whittier – Valdez
- Make sure you have reservations and book early as in the summer these trips can be full. Especially if you want to travel by car.
- Valdez is known as Little Switzerland. So bring your skis along =)
- When you are accessing from Whittier make sure to arrive in time as the tunnel is only open 15 minutes per hour!
- The distance from the harbor (Valdez) to the harbor (Whittier) is about 81 Miles.
- The Alaska Marine Highway on this route sails up to 3 times per week.
- The duration of this crossing is 6 Hours. However keep in mind this can change based on the weather, season, and different ships on the route.
- Want to book this connection? Try: Alaska Marine Highway
- Whittier harbor address: 10 Harbor Loop Rd – Whittier – AK 99693 – USA
- Valdez harbor address: 809 Harris Ave – Bellingham – WA 98225 – USA
Nice video about living in Whittier
Pricing on the Whittier-Valdez ferry
If you want to take the ferry to Whittier or the other way around from Valdez to Whittier the minimal price for a single trip for one person will be close to 65 dollars. This price however can change due to fuel surcharges and things like discounts based on age or what you want to bring along on the ferry.
On FerryGoGo.com we really want to deliver the info that you seek. That's why we don't only list the normal price but also wanted to list the average price you can expect on your bill when traveling toward Whittier. This price is based on the average price for two people. It's important to note however that when a car transfer is possible we added a car, so car ferries have a more serious average price! For Whittier-Valdez we calculated that an average price for two persons would be around $ 191.
Which ferry companies sail on this crossing?
How long does the Whittier-Valdez crossing take?
How often does the Whittier-Valdez ferry sail?
What is the distance between Whittier and Valdez?