The ferry from Whittier and Cordova (and or the other way around) is one of the top crossings of the world in terms of interest from passengers. It takes about 4 hours to make this crossing. The Whittier – Cordova ferry crossing sails approximately 5 Times per week. The distance between the two harbors is exactly 100 miles.
Everything about Whittier-Cordova
- The distance from harbor (Cordova) to harbor (Whittier) is about 100 Miles. (161 km)
- The Alaska Marine Highway on this route sails 5 times per week.
- This ferry is faster then Flying from Cordova towards Anchorage and then driving by bus or car towards Whittier.
- Whittier is an extremely small village, known for being a village with only one building where the entire population lives in. In terms of relevance towards ferry travel: Make sure you be there in time as the tunnel towards the village is only open for 15 minutes every hour. So you have to either time it perfectly or either arrive in time.
- The duration of this crossing is 4 Hours However keep in mind this can change based on the weather, season and different ships on the route.
- Want to book this connection? Take a look at: Alaska Marine Highway
- Whittier harbor address: 10 Harbor Loop Rd – Whittier – AK 99693 – USA,
- Cordova harbor address: 809 Harris Ave – Bellingham – WA 98225 – USA,
- Similar route: Whittier-Valdez
Pricing on the Whittier-Cordova ferry.
If you want to take the ferry to Whittier or the other way around from Cordova to Whittier the minimal price for a single trip for one person will be close to 72 dollars. This price however can change due to fuel surcharges and things like discounts based on age or what you want to bring along on the ferry.
On FerryGoGo.com we really want to deliver the info that you seek. That's why we don't only list the from price but we also wanted to list the average price you can expect on your bill when travelling towards Whittier. This price is based on the average price for two persons. It's important to note however that when a car transfer is possible we added a car, so car ferries have a more serious average price! For Whittier-Cordova we calculated that an average price for two persons would be around $ 219.
Which ferry companies sail on this crossing?
How long does the Whittier-Cordova crossing take?
How often does the Whittier-Cordova ferry sail?
What is the distance between Whittier and Cordova?