Nantucket is a picturesque island off the coast of Massachusetts known for its charming cobblestone streets, historic architecture and beautiful beaches. Like Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket is popular among wealthy Americans. Hop on the ferry for a holiday full of peace, culture and good weather. This is how you experience Nantucket to the fullest:
Stroll down the cobblestone streets downtown Nantucket
From the Nantucket ferry terminal it is a short walk to the city center. Nantucket's Main Street is one of America's most prestigious streets and lined with charming shops, restaurants, and art galleries. Downtown Nantucket is also home to a variety of festivals and events. So check in advance what is planned during your holiday. Something you should not miss: a visit to the Whaling Museum.
Visit all 3 lighthouses on Nantucket
The Nantucket Lighthouses offer a glimpse into the island's rich maritime history. A great place to enjoy the beautiful views.
- Brant Point Lighthouse: This iconic lighthouse is one of the most recognizable landmarks on Nantucket. So don’t forget to snap some pictures when you arrive by ferry! Brand Point Lighthouse is only a short walk from downtown Nantucket
- Great Point Lighthouse: An off-the-beaten-path experience for the true adventurer. The remote Great Point Lighthouse is accessible only by 4×4 vehicle or boat. Highly recommended!
- Sankaty Head Lighthouse: This historic lighthouse is located on the eastern edge of the island and offers breath-taking views of the Atlantic Ocean
So many beautiful beaches…
When you come to Nantucket it is with the beach uppermost in your mind. These are four beautiful beaches, but of course there are many more! Drive around and put your towel down on your favourite beach.
- Visit the popular Jetties Beach for swimming and sunbathing. The calm waters are perfect for paddle boarding
- Surfside Beach is a wide, sandy beach and – of course- popular with surfers and beachgoers alike
- Go to Madaket Beach and stay till sunset. Enjoy! Madaket beach is located on the western edge of the island
- Siakonset beach is just a great place to spend the day. Out of season it is nice and quiet and who knows, you might spot seals in the waves