The San Pedro and Avalon ferry voyage offers convenient transportation to Catalina Island. The journey typically takes approximately one hour and 18 minutes, providing a relatively efficient means of crossing. Passengers can benefit from frequent departures, with the ferry operating up to seven times per day. This reliable schedule allows individuals to plan their trips with flexibility. The ferry journey appeals to passengers seeking a straightforward and practical mode of transportation between these two locations.
Everything about San Pedro-Avalon
- The distance from the harbor (Avalon) to the port (San Pedro) is about 31 Miles.
- The Catalina Express on this route sails up to 7 times per day, from the US Mainland to Catalina Island.
- The duration of this crossing is one hour and 18 minutes. However, this can change based on the weather, season, and different ships on the route.
- Want to book this connection? You can book the Catalina Express at the website: Directferries.com.
- Parking at San Pedro: Hourly: FREE for the first hour, $2 per hour after the first hour. Daily: $20 per day.
- San Pedro harbor Address: Berth 95, San Pedro, CA 90731 – United States
- Avalon harbor address: 1 Upper Terrace Rd – Avalon – CA 90704 – United States
Pricing on the San Pedro to Avalon ferry.
If you want to take the ferry to San Pedro or the other way around from Avalon to San Pedro, the minimal price for a single trip for one person will be close to 42 dollars. This price, however, can change due to fuel surcharges and things like discounts based on age or what you want to bring along on the ferry.
For San Pedro-Avalon, we calculated that an average price (return ticket) for two persons would be around $120. A good alternative for this route is Dana Point-Avalon.
Which ferry companies sail on this crossing?
How long does the San Pedro-Avalon crossing take?
How often does the San Pedro-Avalon ferry sail?
What is the distance between San Pedro and Avalon?