Would you like to do it a little bit different? Take the ferry and go island hopping between the beautiful islands of Ibiza, Mallorca and Menorca. From the azure blue water you will experience the genuine island feeling. As soon as the beaches of Ibiza come into view, you can look forward to the cocktail that you are going to drink there.
Curious which ferry routes you can take during your trip across the Mediterranean? Find your inspiration here.
Start your trip around the Balearics
Where does this adventure on the Iberian Sea begin? Choose the starting point of your trip:
- The nearest port is in the south of France: from Toulon you sail to Alcúdia, Mallorca. So just pack your car, caravan or camper and travel comfortably with your own transport: the great advantage of traveling by Ferry! In many cases, even the dog can come along.
- You can also book a plane ticket to Barcelona or Valencia. Make a city trip and then take the ferry. Ferries depart on regular basis from these cities to Ibiza and Mallorca
- Fly directly to Palma de Mallorca, Ibiza Town or Mahón (Menorca) and start your trip around the islands here
From Toulon in the south of France you can board a ferry that will take you to Alcúdia Mallorca in about 12 hours.
Plan your trip by boat to the Balearic Islands
The many ferry routes between the islands and mainland Spain make it easy for you. Several ferry services offer multiple departures in one day. So, plan your trip the way you like and make sure you have enough time. There is so much to see on these Spanish islands!
Mallorca by ferry
Travel by boat to beautiful Mallorca. From the ports of Barcelona, Valencia or Toulon (France). In Mallorca you can arrive on two sides of the island by ferry:
- The boat takes you to the wonderful capital Palma de Mallorca. Visit the majestic cathedral and drink sangria at one of the piazza’s
- The second ferry port is on the other side of the island, in Alcúdia. This seaside resort attracts many tourists, because of the long beaches, old city center and narrow streets
You can easily explore the rest of the island from Palma or Alcúdia. Admire the Serra de Tramuntana mountains, the authentic villages or take a dip in one of the beautiful bays.
Crossing to Ibiza
Party or yoga? Just do both! Unwind in the typical bohemian atmosphere and step into the dance scene of Ibiza in the evening.
Traveling to Menorca by boat
Are you ready for relaxation? Sail from Alcúdia (Mallorca) to Mahon, the capital of Menorca, in just over 3 hours. In the pleasant atmosphere and beautiful nature of Menorca you can enjoy a few extra days of your trip through the Balearic Islands.
More island hopping accross the Mediterranean: Corsica and Elba
What about Island hopping on the Mediterranean further west. Take a tour from Italy for example and visit Sardinia, Elba and Corsica.