A video of this connection
Everything about Vinalhaven-Rockland
- This ferry across Penobscot Bay towards Vinalhaven Island have no food service on board. Don't expect a luxurious trip: but do enjoy wonderful views.
- The distance from harbor (Rockland) to harbor (Vinalhaven) is about 15 Miles. (25,4 km)
- You have to pay $22 extra to take a bike with you though.
- Be sure to visit Vinalhaven during peak season, otherwise it can be quite boring for tourists. However this of course can be different if you seek out a calm island with very nice places to walk and relax.
- The Maine State Ferry Service on this route sails up to 6 times p/day.
- The fee for taking a bike across is quite high in comparison to other ferries.
- The duration of this crossing is 1h 12 mins. However keep in mind this can change based on the weather, season and different ships on the route.
- Want to book this connection? Try: Maine State Ferry Service
- Vinalhaven harbor address: 11 W Main St – Vinalhaven – ME 04863 – USA
- Rockland harbor address: Maine State Ferry Terminal – Rockland – ME 04841 – USA
Pricing on the Vinalhaven-Rockland ferry.
If you want to take the ferry to Vinalhaven or the other way around from Rockland to Vinalhaven the minimal price for a single trip for one person will be close to 18 dollars. This price however can change due to fuel surcharges and things like discounts based on age or what you want to bring along on the ferry.
On FerryGoGo.com we really want to deliver the info that you seek. That's why we don't only list the from price but we also wanted to list the average price you can expect on your bill when travelling towards Vinalhaven. This price is based on the average price for two persons. It's important to note however that when a car transfer is possible we added a car, so car ferries have a more serious average price! For Vinalhaven-Rockland we calculated that an average price for two persons would be around $ 50 .
Which ferry companies sail on this crossing?
How long does the Vinalhaven-Rockland crossing take?
How often does the Vinalhaven-Rockland ferry sail?
What is the distance between Vinalhaven and Rockland?