This picture is taken from the Deck while being on the ferry.
Everything about Cape May-Lewes
- The distance from harbor (Lewes) to harbor (Cape May) is about 17 Miles. (25 km)
- The Cape May Lewes Ferry on this route sails up to 12 times per day.
- The duration of this crossing is 1h 30 mins. However keep in mind this can change based on the weather, season and different ships on the route.
- Cape May harbor address: 643 Washington Street Cape May – NJ 08204 – USA.
- Lewes harbor address: 217 Anglers Rd – Lewes – DE 19958 – USA.
Booking the Ferry: Where and how?
There are several ways to book this ferry, keep in mind that reservations are required on this ferry.
- Cape May Lewes Ferry @ Directferries – Especially useful if you want to compare prices. Directferries shows all the info needed and has good ratings. Also a good overview on Mobile.
- Book Cape May at CMLF Official Website, The booking engine is straightforward and shows how many spots there are left for passenger services and car services. The amount of things you have to read and fill inexample of the bookings engine is a bit of hassle though. All those discounts and different rates. They should stop with a few of them to make it all a bit more convenient.
- Currently there are no other options to book this trip, or you could try by phone of course: (800) 643-3779.
- There is also a company: Cape Water Tours and Taxi, it's not really a ferry company but they do provide amazing water services nearby. Like full moon and dolphin trips around the the bay. If you have some extra time and really want to learn something about this area: Do take these tours. They have amazing ratings on Yelp & Tripadvisor and provide a fun water experience near Cape May and or Lewes.
- None! You can either take a 3 hour drive or take this lovely ferry… That's also why this ferry is one of the most booked passenger ferries in the world!
Cape May-Lewes ferry price
If you want to take the ferry to Cape May or the other way around from Lewes to Cape May the minimal price for a single trip for one person will be close to 10 dollars. This price however can change due to fuel surcharges and things like discounts based on age or what you want to bring along on the ferry. This ferry however really is worth the $10 that is asked for a single trip.
On FerryGoGo.com we really want to deliver the info that you seek. That's why we don't only list the from price but we also wanted to list the average price you can expect on your bill when travelling towards Cape May. This price is based on the average price for two persons. It's important to note however that when a car transfer is possible we added a car, so car ferries have a more serious average price! For Cape May-Lewes we calculated that an average price for two persons would be around $80.
Which ferry companies sail on this crossing?
How long does the Cape May-Lewes crossing take?
How often does the Cape May-Lewes ferry sail?
What is the distance between Cape May and Lewes?