The ferry covers the journey from Cape May to Lewes in just an hour and a half. On the map below, you can visualize the route and find the address you need to reach to board the ferry.
This ferry line connects New Jersey (also check out our guide about the ferry from NJ to Liberty Island!) with Delaware in about 85 minutes. The company that makes the crossing is CMLF. However, this ferry is also easily bookable through the leading ferry comparison website, Directferries.
Cape May Lewes ferry schedule
While the Cape May-Lewes ferry sails 365 days a year, the schedule and the fares are different in Summer compared to low-season.
The minimal* Cape May – Lewes ferry schedule that works 365 days per year:
From Cape May, NJ
- 7:00 AM
- 10:30 AM
- 2:30 PM
- 6:00 PM
From Lewes, DE
- 8:45 AM
- 12:15 PM
- 4:15 PM
- 7:15 PM
* In more busy times, there are more departures. You can check those here. June, July, and August are the peak periods with the most daily departures. To find departure schedules for your intended ferry date, refer to the following booking engine.
Cape May to Lewes: Ferry or by Road?
When comparing the road route to the ferry route, you will quickly conclude that both options take approximately the same time to travel to the other side. From Pleasantville (NJ) to Belltown (DE) the total travel time will take about 2 hours and 30 minutes.
This means you have the flexibility to choose either option. However, it's essential to remember that life is a one-time journey, and a ferry ride offers a much more captivating experience than a mundane road trip. You can verify this by exploring the approximately 2,000 reviews on TripAdvisor.
Don't forget the beautiful views you can get from the ferry
- The distance from Lewesto Cape May is about 17 Miles. (25 km)
- The Cape May Lewes Ferry sails up to 12 times per day. (As the schedule above mentions, this is different per season.)
- The duration of this crossing is 1 hour 30 mins.
- Boarding typically takes +/- 30 minutes.
Booking the Cape May – Lewes Ferry: Where and how?
There are several ways to book this ferry; remember that reservations are required.
- Cape May Lewes Ferry @ Directferries – This is especially useful for comparing prices and seeing the different schedules.
- None! You can either take a 3-hour drive or take this lovely ferry… That's also why this ferry is one of the most booked passenger ferries in the world!
Look below for why you should book this one and enjoy the ride!
Reviews, Teasers, and Views of the route and surroundings:
Ferry Cape May Lewes @ YouTube
Ferry Cape May Lewes @ Pinterest
A scenic ride with Cape May Lewes Ferry
Cape May-Lewes ferry price
If you want to take the ferry to Cape May or the other way around from Lewes to Cape May, the minimal price for a single trip for one person will be close to $ 10 to $ 12.
Which ferry companies sail on this crossing?
How long does the Cape May-Lewes crossing take?
How often does the Cape May-Lewes ferry sail?
What is the distance between Cape May and Lewes?
2 reviews for Cape May-Lewes