The ferry from Rostock to Gedser takes 2 hours. This is nice and fast so that you can quickly continue your journey. This ferry crossing is currently offered by Scandlines.
Ferry Rostock to Gedser
The ferry from Rostock to Gedser connects Germany with Denmark. The handy thing about this route is that you can board the ferry throughout the day because 10 boats sail back and forth every day. The route is currently sailed by Scandlines.
Timetable Rostock – Gedser
There are 10 boats going back and forth on the route every day. It is possible to book both a night and a day trip with this route. Times can vary from day to day, so it is important to keep a close eye on the times. In order to provide the best possible overview, we have placed a small schedule below.
- Departures: 01:30, 04:30, 06:00, 09:00, 11:15, 13:30. 15:45, 18:00, 20:15, 11:30
- Tuesday – Saturday:
- Departures: 04:15, 06:00, 09:00, 11:15, 13:30, 15:45, 18:00, 20:15, 22:30
- Departures: 06:00, 09:00, 11:15, 13:30, 15:45, 18:00, 20:15, 22:30
Gedser – Rostock
- Departures: 01:30, 03:45, 07:00, 09:00, 11:15, 13:30, 15:45, 18:00, 20:15, 22:30
- Tuesday – Saturday:
- Departures: 02:00, 07:00, 09:00, 11:15, 13:30, 15:45, 18:00, 20:15, 22:30
- Departures: 07:00, 09:00, 11:15, 13:30, 15:45, 18:00, 20:15, 22:30
It will take about 2 hours to sail from one side to the other.
Departure, sailing time, and arrival
It is recommended to be at the port of Rostock or Gedser. at least 30 minutes before departure
18147 Rostock, Germany
The tour takes about 2 hours.
Arrival address: Moltzaugade 1, 4874 Gedser, Denmark. This is also the departure address for the way back.
Ferry costs Rostock – Gedser
To determine the costs of your crossing as accurately as possible, it is possible to use the booking engine of Scandlines or directferries. Here you can enter a specific date when you want to travel, with which transport you want to travel, and with how many people you travel, for example. We have already made a few test bookings for you below so that you can estimate how much you will achieve yourself:
• 1 person car, single ticket: €134
• 2-person car, return ticket: €258,-
On this crossing, it is only possible to travel with a vehicle.
Frequently asked questions
There are a number of questions that come up more often for this route:
How many kilometers is it between Rostock and Gedser?
How many ferries depart daily from Rostock to Gedser?