Ferry to Roscoff-Cork
The Cherbourg-Rosslare crossing is a relatively fast crossing between France and Ireland. From Cherbourg you there are 2 ferry companies operating on this route to Rosslare. Both Stena Line and Brittany Ferries sail on this crossing that brings you in 18 hours from Normandy to Southern Ireland. Brittany Ferries also sails from Cork to France. It's a fast and comfortable way to travel to the Loire, Dordogne and the Atlantic coast in France.
On this page you will find information and tips about this ferry service from Brittany Ferries and Stena Line
Ferry Roscoff-Cork costs
If you want to travel by ferry to Cherbourg or Rosslare, you can expect the following prices:
- Tickets are available from Brittany Ferries from €66,- That is for 1 person without a car and a single journey.
- A crossing with a car and 2 people in high season quickly costs somewhere around €338,-
The prices of the boat tickets are very dependent on the season and the crowds, as you can see above. Make sure to book well in advance as the ferries to France and Ireland are often fully booked. Especially the Friday ferries to Roscoff are often sold out.
Ferry prices depend on the season and crowds. View the current prices in the booking engine
The ferry to Roscoff and Cork sails twice a week in both directions. Check the exact departure times in both directions in the booking module.
- Night sailing with departure on Tuesday and arrival on Thursday (sailing time 14 hours)
- Night sailing with departure on Friday and arrival on Saturday (sailing time 14 hours)
Departure times are usually at 19:30. The arrival may vary but is usually around 9:30 am.
- Night sailing with departure on Saturday and arrival on Sunday (sailing time 15 hours)
- Night sailing with departure on Wednesday and arrival on Thursday (sailing time 15 hours)
- From Cork to Roscoff the ferries mostly depart at 16:00 in the afternoon and arrive the next morning is Roscoff around 07:00 – 08:00
Sail time Roscoff-Cork
14 – 15 hours crossing with an overnight cabin
On board the ferry
This (and more) can be expected on the Brittany Ferries ships
Brittany Ferries sail on the route from France to Ireland on the Cork to Roscoff route and back. On this crossing you'll be boarding the Brittany Ferries flagship Pont-Aven or the Armorique. Aboard the Pont-Aven you can enjoy a broad choice of comfortable cabins, restaurants, shops and entertainment like the swimming pool.
This (and more) can be expected on the Pont-Aven and Armorique ferries:
- Restaurant and dining
- Spa treatment
- Sun deck
- Games Planet
- Computer games room
- Programme of Children's entertainment
- Children's play area
To get to the departure port, use the address and follow the signs to the terminal when arrived.
Ferry Port, Ringport Business Park, Co. Cork
Frequently Asked Questions Cork-Roscoff Ferry
Which ferry companies sail on the Roscoff-Cork crossing?
How long does the crossing take?
How often does the ferry go?
Can I bring my pet on board?