Ferry to South Stradbroke and Gold Coast
The ferry to South Stradbroke is run by the resort on the island, Couran Cove. Both hotel guests and people who are not staying at the hotel can use this ferry. The boat journey is a short relaxing ferry cruise along the Broadwater.
- The ferry departure terminal is located at Mariner’s Cove, 60-70 Seaworld Drive Main Beach on the Gold Coast.
- The ferry costs A$29 per adult – Ages 3-12 cost A$14.50
- No Bikes & Scooters are permitted
- Guests are permitted to bring 1 suitcase or bag max 20kg per person
- Daytrippers are permitted to bring 1 small backpack, per person
Tickets and booking
To ensure availability it is wise to buy your ferry tickets long before the departure date. Some crossings are very popular and prices rise when the boats fill up.
- Tickets can be purchased in advance on the Couran Cove website.
Which ferry companies sail on this crossing?
How long does the Gold Coast - South Stradbroke crossing take?
How often does the Gold Coast - South Stradbroke ferry sail?
The ferry usually goes 3 or 4 times a day. On the busier holidays and during busy weekends, that number can increase to 5 times a day.
What is the distance between Gold Coast and Couran Cove?