From Oak Bluffs to Nantucket
- This is a seasonal service operating from May 27 to October 10.
- This is also called the Inter-Island: Martha's Vineyard – Nantucket connection.
- We already made an extensive guide for traveling to Nantucket by ferry.
- There is a route that leaves from New York on which you can either land on Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket. However, it doesn't connect Martha's Vineyard with Nantucket. More here about Martha's Vineyard.
- This connection is also run by Seastreak, however, this operator only sails from April 20, 2022, to May 26, 2022.
- The distance from the harbor (Nantucket) to the harbor (Oak Bluffs) is about 25 Miles. It's not a cheap ferry connection, this is also due to the 25 miles distance.
- The Hy-Line Cruises on this route sail 3 times per day.
- The duration of this crossing is 1h 30 mins. However keep in mind this can change based on the weather, season, and different ships on the route.
- Want to book this connection? Directferries -> Hy-Line Cruise: Oak Bluffs – Nantucket.
- Oak Bluffs harbor address: Dockside Marina – Oak Bluffs – Martha's Vineyard – MA – Oak Bluffs – MA 02557 – USA.
- Nantucket harbor address: Steamboat Wharf – USA.
Which ferry companies sail on this crossing?
The ferry between Oak Bluffs and Nantucket is currently operated by: Hy-Line Cruises.
How long does the Oak Bluffs-Nantucket crossing take?
The travel time of the Oak Bluffs-Nantucket ferry is around: 1h 10 minutes. Please arrive early at the harbor and calculate extra time for check-in and boarding if necessary. How long in advance you need to be present is usually communicated on your ticket or on the website of the ferry operator you sail with.
How often does the Oak Bluffs-Nantucket ferry sail?
You can usually take the ferry from Oak Bluffs to Nantucket (or the ferry from Nantucket to Oak Bluffs) 3 times per day. Depending on the season, the amount of people on the ferry and the weather forecast, the ferry company can deviate from the timetable/ferry schedule.
What is the distance between Oak Bluffs and Nantucket?
The distance between Oak Bluffs and Nantucket is approximately 25 miles or 40 km.