The Ferry from Miami to Key West
A ferry from Miami (the port of Fort Lauderdale) to Key West would need to cover a distance of 202 miles. A ferry covering this distance would normally take 9 hours and cost about $300,-. Purely looking at a ferry connection from an economical perspective this would be difficult to compete with simply taking a tour to Key West.
You can get there through Private Yacht rentals
The rate would be above $250 per hour though, you would need to rent a multi-day charter, at Boatsetter you can rent ships for this, be sure to get in touch with the owner of the vessel of your choice though at it's going to be very difficult to get a ship to simply ‘ferry' you to Key West. As mostly these ships are there for day trips or sunsets near Miami.
The tour option from Viator is extremely popular
How we would travel to Key West from Miami and experience Key West to the max.
- Take a tour to Key West
- Take the ferry from Key West to Dry Tortugas
- Enjoy one of the various tours that are possible around Key West from Viator:
Things included in trips like this:
- Enjoy around five hours of free time in Key West to explore independently
- Your scenic ride crosses the well-known Seven Mile Bridge
- Round-trip transport from your Miami hotel provided for convenience
Which ferry companies sail on this crossing?
How long does it take to reach Key West?
How often does the Key West your go
What is the distance between Miami and Key West?