The Victoria / Seattle ferry is a ferry with lots of possible upgrades. They are expensive but sitting upstairs provides a better experience. The fare goes all the way from a Standard fare to a panorama fare or VIP fare. Personally we would go for the Economy Panoramic chairs and try to get a spot near the front. Vista Class we like the least.
Everything about the Victoria to Seattle ferry
- IMPORTANT! For guests traveling internationally, please read the FRS Clipper ID Requirements. (All Guests ages 12 and older must be fully vaccinated in order to travel with FRS Clipper. Also, you need one of the following Travel documents: A passport or a Passport Card or an Enhanced Driver License or enhanced ID Card, or a NEXUS card.)
- The distance from the harbor (Seattle) to the harbor (Victoria) is about 25 Miles. (40 km)
- The Clipper Vacations on this route sail up to 2 times per day.
- During the winter you have fewer departures from Victoria to Seattle. (1 per day)
- For an extra fee you can seat upstairs, there you get free coffee and pretzels and such.
- Be careful of the seatings you get or choose when you upgrade, make sure it's not facing a wall or anything.
- The duration of this crossing is 2h 45 mins. However keep in mind this can change based on the weather, season, and different ships on the route.
- Want to book this connection? Try: Clipper Vacations
- Victoria harbor address: 411 Belleville St – Victoria – BC V8V 1X3 – Canada
- Seattle harbor address: 902 Caroline St – Port Angeles – WA 98362 – USA
Ferry from Seattle to Victoria with a car
The Victoria clipper V vessel only carries passengers, meaning you can't get to Victoria by car if you leave from the US (Port Angeles). However, if you really want to reach Victoria by car you need to travel to Vancouver first. This will take about 2.5 hours which is not that long. A ferry to Victoria will take about 1.5 hours and will cost you close to 100 dollars.
Pricing on the Victoria-Seattle ferry.
If you want to take the ferry to Victoria or the other way around from Seattle to Victoria the minimal price for a single trip for one person will be close to 115 dollars. This price however can change due to fuel surcharges and things like discounts based on age or what you want to bring along on the ferry.
For Victoria-Seattle we calculated that an average price for two persons would be around $ 160.
Which ferry companies sail on this crossing?
How long does the Victoria-Seattle crossing take?
How often does the Victoria-Seattle ferry sail?
What is the distance between Victoria and Seattle?