Ferry to Sorrento and Queenscliff
The ferry from Queenscliff to Sorrento (or the other way around) brings you across Port Philip Bay, south of Melbourne. Searoad Ferries has been operating this car and passenger ferry service for over 30 years. Without the ferry, you would have to detour 212 kilometers through busy Melbourne to get to the other side.
Things you need to know about the Queenscliff Sorrento ferry
You need to arrive 20 (foot passengers) to 40 minutes (vehicles) early on this ferry. Parking could be difficult and cost more time at Queenscliff due to construction work on the new ferry terminal.
- Online booking is cheaper than buying tickets at the departure port.
- The staff is known to be super friendly!
- Dolphins are spotted regularly on this ferry (especially near Sorrento harbor).
- A 10% surcharge applies on all public holidays
- The distance between Queenscliff and Sorrento in Australia is approximately 12 km.
Tickets and booking
The Queenscliff Sorrento ferry prices you can expect:
- Foot passengers prices start at $15 (online booking is cheaper)
- Tickets for children (4-15) are $10, infants travel for free
- Standard vehicles cost $75 for a one-way trip
- Bicycles are free
Which ferry companies sail on this crossing?
How long does the Queenscliff-Sorrento crossing take?
How often does the Queenscliff-Sorrento ferry sail?
What is the distance between Queenscliff and Sorrento?