About the Batumi Ferry
The Batumi Sochi ferry is not a regular ferry. It's actually a hydrofoil: a lifting surface out of the water. Which means the hull of the ferry gets lifted out of the water. This way the ferry can gain more speed. However this also can result in more sea sickness when there are waves around. And in this part of the Black Sea: the waves can be wild and high. When you look on travel review sites you can read that this ferry can be quite a challenge for some passengers.
A YouTube video: Batumi Sochi Ferry
You can clearly see the high speed, the engine of the ferry and the cabins.
Things you need to know about this ferry
- This ferry is currently cancelled.
- You can't book this ferry online. When you were able to book this ferry you need to do this through one of the following contacts:
The operator, Batumi Express, can be reached here:
Batumi: 995 593 33 39 66
Sochi: 7 918 409 12 96
- You were allowed to bring 20KG of luggage.
- 114 passengers were able to board this vessel.
- A lot of passengers experienced seasickness.
- This ship is very old and doesn't provide much comfort.
We'll let you know when Batumi Sochi ferry sails again
Which ferry companies sail on this crossing?
How long does the Batumi-Sochi crossing take?
How often does the Batumi-Sochi ferry sail?
What is the distance between Batumi and Sochi?