Everything about the Portland to Bailey Island ferry
The cruise to Bailey Island stopped sailing by Casco Bay Lines. Might be related to Corona, so let's hope this cruise returns later on.
On Cascobaylines.com it's impossible to find exactly when this route stopped. It used to be part of the routes / cruises as you can see on several outdated maps, images and posts on cascobaylines.com. That's probably also why so many people are wondering what to do and how to book this route.
We did some research and we found the following:
This route however is not part of the cruises anymore and Bailey Island is removed from the Islands Caso travel-list. This means the cruises “Bailey Island Cruise” and “History Bailey Island Noontime Cruise” are currently not available. Here you can also see that there used to be a cruise from Portland to Bailey Island.
Facts about this route
- The distance from harbor (Bailey Island) to harbor (Portland) is about 18 Miles. However this wasn't a direct ferry route and was a cruise / tour so the distance would have been further.
- The Casco Bay Lines on this route used to sail once per day.
- The duration of this crossing was 2 Hours.
- Portland harbor address: 29 Commercial St – Portland – ME 04101 – USA
- Bailey Island harbor address: 1958 Harpswell Islands Rd – Bailey Island – ME 04003 – USA
Old prices for the Portland-Bailey Island ferry
The price ticket for a tour was close to 17 dollars. But currently this connection is on hold. If there is any news regarding this ferry route we will mention it on this page.
Are there any alternatives
There is no valid alternative at the moment, the drive however from Portland to Bailey Island is only 54 minutes. That's the route we would take towards the scenic villages on Bailey Island.
Which ferry companies sail on this crossing?
How long does the Portland-Bailey Island crossing take?
How often does the Portland-Bailey Island ferry sail?
What is the distance between Portland and Bailey Island?