Ferry to Tangalooma (Moreton Island) and Brisbane
A great way to escape the hustle and bustle of Brisbane is to occasionally book a ferry to Tangalooma. Between Brisbane and Tangalooma, you can travel with Micat and with the Tangalooma Island resort ferry. Both hotel guests and day visitors can book the resort ferry.
The Tangalooma Island Resort ferry is only suitable for foot passengers. Choose Micat if you want to go by 4×4 car.
- Travelling time is 90 minutes in both directions
- This ferry docks on a beach!
- Cars are also allowed on this ferry.
- The Micat ferry brings you to the Tangalooma Wrecks where you can snorkel around. If you want to go to Tangalooma resort or town, you need to make an 800m beach walk.
- The Micat departs from 14 Howard Smith Dr, Port Of Brisbane.
- Website: micat.com.au
Tangalooma Island Resort passenger ferry
- Travelling time is 75 minutes in both directions
- Departure is from Holt Street Wharf in Pinkenba, Brisbane
- Check-in at Holt Street Wharf is at least 1 hour prior to departure time. Pre-bookings are required.
- Website: tangalooma.com
Tickets and booking
It is often required to buy your ferry tickets well in advance. Some popular ferries get booked up quickly and prices rise accordingly.
Which ferry companies sail on this crossing?
How long does the Brisbane-Tangalooma crossing take?
How often does the Brisbane-Tangalooma ferry sail?
What is the distance between Brisbane and Tangalooma?