Popular destinations in and around New Zealand
FerryGoGo New Zealand: Your #1 ferry guide
In a normal year under normal circumstances, there is one major ferry connection active in New Zealand and about 9 smaller ones.
The major connection in New Zealand
The ferry from Wellington to Picton (or the other way around) connects the South Island with the North Island. The connection in New Zealand is called ‘Connecting the Cook Strait' and only takes 3.5 hours. The best tip we've got on this crossing: Be sure to compare the prices.
The Islands of New Zealand
There are multiple popular islands you can reach out of Auckland.
- The most popular island: Waiheke (From Auckland). 40 minutes
- Tiritiri Matangi Island, 75 minutes
- Waiheke Island, 40 minutes
- Rangitoto Island, 25 minutes
- Great Barrier Island, 4 to 5 hours
- Rakino Island, 60 minutes
- Rotoroa Island, 75 minutes, 1 crossing per day, bookable at Fuller's.
- Devonport, is a connection of only 12 minutes, a short city crossing. A busy route, however. Also bookable at Fullers.
- The Coromandel – Currently not sailing – 2 hours
- Motutapu Island – Currently not sailing – 35 minutes